MOMA New York City  » Travel  »
11 W 53rd St New York City 10019
  • I thought that the exhibition was very well put together as are all of the exhibitions at MOMA
  • I think that the MOMA museum is a must see for anybody visiting New York City
  • That is by far one of the best deals in New York
  • I like going to the MOMA when it is nice weather because the sculpture garden is pleasant to sit in with a sandwich and a friend
  • Strolling through the museum with a friend or significant other is a very pleasant experience too

• by Siouxmix

I am lucky enough to live in one of the greatest cities in the world, New York City. New York has a lot of great places within it to visit and one of them is The Modern Museum of Art, better known as MOMA.

Recently they had a Salvador Dali exhibition which was magnificent. It showcased Dali’s art along with his films and films he worked on. I thought that the exhibition was very well put together as are all of the exhibitions at MOMA. There are some wonderful pieces on permanent display at MOMA.

The MOMA is convienently located in Manhattan within walking distance to

Central Park and shopping on 5th Avenue. I think that the MOMA museum is a must see for anybody visiting New York City. They have hearing aides for the exhibitions so even if it gets a little crowded you can know what you are looking at without reads the cue cards next to the pieces.

The people who work at the MOMA are very helpful too. But don’t try to take a picture using a flash or the security people will be all over you. I have never seen anyone get kicked out but I’m sure if you don’t abide by the rules of the ...

• museum enough times they won’t hesitate to do just that. The last few times I went to MOMA I was invited by someone who has a membership so I didn’t have to pay but I have heard that it is kind of expensive. If you can’t afford it they do have Target free Fridays. That is when they offer free admission one Friday a month sponsored by Target stores. That is by far one of the best deals in New York. Many museums have similar deals in New York.

I like going to the MOMA when it is nice weather because the sculpture garden

is pleasant to sit in with a sandwich and a friend. There is a cafe in the museum as well but it is kind of expensive so I never eat there. If you really want to see the whole museum I suggest having a full day to do so and nothing important to do after. Strolling through the museum with a friend or significant other is a very pleasant experience too. The museum has a lot of modern art pieces by well known artists, but you didn’t need me to tell you that. I wish it wasn’t expensive to is it because I would go more often.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38206718680330/k2311a062/6.2.09