Burt’s Bees Baby Skin Care Kit  » Baby care  »
2.5
  • After this incident I decided not to use the baby skin care kit from Burt's Bees on my baby

• by Siouxmix

I usually like the cosmetic products from Burt’s Bees because they contain all natural ingredients. I was excited when my mom got me the baby skin care kit from Burt’s Bees. The kit says that it provides naturally soothing buttermilk products to clean and pamper your baby with. The kit came with a buttermilk lotion, a buttermilk soap, a buttermilk bath packet and a small book on baby skin care. It really

was a thoughtful gift.

One day I ran out of my Cetaphil soap that I usually use on my face and I saw the baby kit under the sink. I figured since it was suppose to be gentle enough for a baby that I would probably be safe using the buttermilk soap on my face. I opened the kit and used the soap.

At first my face was okay, for about two minutes, then ...

• it started to burn. I rinsed the soap off of my face immediately but it was too late. Mt face was all red and bumpy. It felt like I had a sunburn! When I came out of the bathroom my boyfriend asked me what had happened and I told him. It took a couple days for my face to go back to normal. I was so embarrassed.

After this incident I decided not

to use the baby skin care kit from Burt’s Bees on my baby. I figure if it irritated my adult skin that bad I don’t want to imagine or see what it may cause to my baby. I threw the soap away and the rest of the kit. I didn’t even want to try and give it away to someone else after that. It isn’t a gentle product and I wouldn’t advise it’s use on anybody!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54206718640330/k2311a062/6.2.09