Resident Evil 5 video game on Playstation 3
  • The only problem with this is while you're killing one zombie another is throwing dynamite at you
  • I was disappointed that Resident Evil 5 didn't have the high level of creepiness that the other games had
  • Other than that I think I could probably beat the game pretty easily

• by Siouxmix

I went over a friend’s house and played Resident Evil 5 on his Playstation 3. I used to play a lot of video games but haven’t had the time to follow the resident evil series. The last Resident Evil games I played from beginning to end was the second one that starts in the street and the you head into a police station.

Resident evil 5, also known as Biohazard 5, starts the game off in Africa. The array of weapons you have in the game is impressive but you don’t start off with ammo for each weapon. The first task I had to accomplish was using a sniper gun to take out

some zombies through a window. At least I think they are zombies. I was surprised that there are people shooting and throwing dynamite sticks at you. That was a much different detail from the other Resident Evil games I have played where the zombies can only bite you.

The controls are complex too, left thumb to control movement of your character, right thumb to control the direction of your movement, L1 to aim your gun, R1 to shoot, L2 to ready your machete and R1 to use the machete. I had a hard time with the controls for shooting my gun at first so I just ran up on the zombies and

hacked them away with the machete. The only problem with this is while you’re killing one zombie another is throwing dynamite at you.

You also have a partner in this game which changes things. Not only do you have to watch your own back but you have to watch hers too. Good thing is that she watches your back a well. She can even help revive you and heal your wounds when you need.

If I owned this game I would probably figure out how to change to the control setting to fit my playing better. I looked up the storyline of the game on Wikipedia and it is pretty simple. I wish it ...

• Resident Evil 5 video game on Playstation 3
      had a better storyline honestly. I feel like the Resident Evil series has such potential to have great stories within their games.

I also read that some people felt that Resident Evil 5 seems racist but I didn’t think that at all. Sure, the shooter is white and the zombies are black but it does take place in Africa this time. It also didn’t seem racist to me since your partner in the game is an Africa woman.

I was disappointed that Resident Evil 5 didn’t have the high level of creepiness that the other games had. It feels more like a fast shooting game with targets and doesn’t scare you at all. I

really liked the horror movie type feeling of the other Resident Evil games. This game doesn’t feel like that at all in the beginning. Maybe it gets creepier later in the game but I didn’t get that far. Hopefully I will get to play it again because it is still a fun game to play as long as you like fighting and shooting games.

Learning how to use the controller for Resident Evil 5 was the hardest part for me. Other than that I think I could probably beat the game pretty easily. I do want to play it till the end and see if the story line that does exists is done well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28206718530230/k2311a062/6.2.09