Charlton Heston
  • I always enjoyed watching Charlton Heston perform in movies
  • Several of his movies are among those I enjoy with regularity
  • Those views are something I disagree with it, but it never deterred me from loving the actor and respecting the man
  • I was so impressed that he was so kind with all of us

• by Orrymain

I always enjoyed watching Charlton Heston perform in movies. Several of his movies are among those I enjoy with regularity. Lucy Gallant and The Ten Commandments are probably my two most favorite of Heston’s films.

Heston was an outspoken man. He was especially vocal about his belief in the right to own guns. He was the leading advocate in the celebrity world for

the National Rifle Association. Those views are something I disagree with it, but it never deterred me from loving the actor and respecting the man.

I actually met Charlton Heston once at The Golden Boot Awards in Los Angeles. His back was really hurting him. He’d suffered from back pain and issues for years. Even after a long evening, he was gracious and ...

• courteous. He smiled for pictures and signed autographs. I was so impressed that he was so kind with all of us. It made me respect him even more.

Heston has that bigger than life persona. After playing Moses and Ben-Hur, almost every role paled to those strong characters, but still, we have a long list of portrayals to love and embrace. Taylor

in Planet of the Apes, Alan Murdock in Airport 1975, Thorn in Soylent Green, Marc Antony in Antony and Cleopatra, and Michelangelo in The Agony and the Ecstasy are just some of the memorable roles that I’ve particularly liked.

Charlton Heston has left us with a legacy of great works, but I’ll always remember that smile and welcoming expression he gave when we met. He’s missed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11206718280230/k2311a062/6.2.09