Waterland Library, The Netherlands  » General services  »
Waterlandlaan 40 1441 MP Purmerend, Netherlands
  • But I think we need to pay extra per hour if we want to use the internet connection there
  • It's the best library that I ever see so far

• by MomLouiTan

First time I went to this library,I was not a member yet.So we just read the book there but we could not bring some books to our place. But then my daughter registered as a member there few weeks later. She got a pass card that she can use if she want to borrow some books or movies from library. I asked to the person there about the fees and they said that my daughter can become a member for free. And what make me more surprise is that she can borrow books from library up to 25 books in one time.

Wow, that’s so fantastic. She like to read books and she was so happy to hear that she can borrow so many books from this library in one time.

The library itself have a very big space.In the first floor, there are some computers that we can use for internet. But I think we need to pay extra per hour if we want to use the internet connection there. In this floor we can also find some movies ( DVD and VCD ). There are some movies that you need to pay extra if you want to borrow it. But normally it is ...

• for the new movie and there will be a note on the movie box that you need to pay extra if you want to bring the movie to your house.

The children section is on the second floor. They have huge collection of children books. And there are also some children movies. But so far I did not see the new children movie yet. The movie box normally have a lock. You can open the lock in the machine by using your pass.

And what make me so surprise about this library is the high tech system that they use. When you want

to bring back your movies or books, you just need to put it in the machine with the bar code up to the infra red system, then it will automatically have record that you bring back the stuffs that you borrow from the library. And when you finish, you will get a note from the machine mentioned about the stuffs that you bring back and put inside the machine.

This also what you have to do when you want to borrow books or movies. But you need a pass for this process. It’s the best library that I ever see so far.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25106716231130/k2311a061/6.1.09