Wagon Train: The Sam Darland Story
  • The Sam Darland Story because I enjoyed it more than I thought I would
  • Unfortunately, there are some nearby Indians that want them gone
  • This is actually the best part I've ever seen Davis/Reagan play, outside of the role of the President's wife (I've always said Ronald Reagan did his best acting as President)
  • I love the story idea, Linkletter, Davis, and the kids

• by Orrymain

I was a little surprised by Wagon Train: The Sam Darland Story because I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. This season six episode reminds me a lot of Boys Town and Father Flanigan, though there isn’t any connection. It’s just the idea that makes me connect the two.

In Wagon Train: The Sam Darland Story, Art Linkletter turns in a very nice

performance as Darland, a man who was down on his luck when he met some orphaned boys who had nowhere to go. Over time, Darland and his boys grew in number, and they decided to go west and find a place to make a real home for themselves. They always worked for what they received, and they were a family.

The wagon train comes across ...

• the Darland group not long after they’ve found a deserted town that they’ve decided would make the perfect home. Unfortunately, there are some nearby Indians that want them gone. Not only that, but some members of the wagon train are insisting they be allowed to take the boys to give them good homes.

Nancy Davis, better known as Nancy Reagan, is Darland’s main nemesis.

This is actually the best part I’ve ever seen Davis/Reagan play, outside of the role of the President’s wife (I’ve always said Ronald Reagan did his best acting as President).

This is a very nice show. The boys are great. Tommy Nolan and Billy Mumy are standouts there. I love the story idea, Linkletter, Davis, and the kids. I guess I loved the whole thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10106715661030/k2311a061/6.1.09