Alli diet pill  » Health  »
  • I thought FDA thinks it works, it must work

• by ZG

I literally ran out of the door and bought it when I first saw the Alli commerical on TV. What pulled the trigger for me is “first FDA approved”. I thought FDA thinks it works, it must work!

Did Alli do what it says it will? Yes it did. Did I lose weight on Alli? No I didn’t.

I am not seriously overweight, but every woman has that 10 pounds that she hates. So new diet pill always generates buzz. Alli is manufactured by GSK, one of the biggest names in pharmaceutical industry, which makes it more trustworthy and reliable. And it did get

an official nod from FDA, the first in diet pills. But first you need to know a bit about the way FDA works. FDA evaluates medicine on two major criteria, safety and efficacy, in that order. Safety always comes in first. To have FDA say “yes”, the medicine must be safe, safe being the risks associated must NOT outweigh the desired efficacy. In case of obsesity that can be controlled by over-the-counter medicine, which Alli is, FDA does not think that’s a life-threatening situation, so their threshold for side effects is low, no diarrhea, racing heart, fatigue allowed. That’s why many other weigh control ...

• pills are not acknowledged by FDA.

Alli is safe, its mechanism is to block the fat absorption, no burden on other organ and body system. When I was taking Alli, I didn’t feel any discomfort. Thumb up for that. But Alli only blocks fat, if you read the label, they tell you to take one pill with each meal containing fat. You will feel more active gas-y than usual when you were taking the Alli, which can be little embarrassing under certain circumstances. And in the daily “business” you will notice floating bits of grease and oil. That’s all Alli at work. Alli

does work in term of that. I am not sure if Alli blocks all the fat. But remember fat is not the only thing that makes you overweight, carbonhydrate too, and it’s in almost all the food, bread, sugar, cake…Alli can do nothing about that. I watch the fat carefully, I stay away from red meat, potato chips always. But I am a sucker for sweets, I guess that’s part of the reason my Alli diet failed too.

Alli also won’t do anything to existing fat, you have to get rid of that yourself. Overall Alli is a good diet pill, but it’s not a miracle pill.

Alli diet pill

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34106715501030/k2311a061/6.1.09