American Graffitti movie  » Movies  »
  • When I think of it, it's mostly the incredible talent that George Lucas had in this ensemble cast
  • Some consider this to be a coming of age film

• by Orrymain

American Graffitti was all the rage when it came out, but it did little for me. In truth, I didn’t see it for a long time after the release, and it may have suffered from overkill. By that, I mean that there was so much publicity for

this teenage picture that there was probably no way that it could live up to the hype. The buzz was just so high, and when I finally saw it that first time, I wondered why. It seemed average to me.

Subsequent viewing of American Graffitti improved my opinion somewhat, but I can’t honestly say it’s a movie I go out of my way to see. When I think of it, it’s mostly the incredible talent that George Lucas had in this ensemble cast. It’s a potent group — Ron Howard, Cindy Williams, Richard Dreyfuss, MacKenzie ...

• American Graffitti movie
      Phillips, Bo Hopkins, Wolfman Jack, Candy Clark, Charles Martin Smith, Kathleen Quinlan, Harrison Ford, Joe Spano, Susan Richardson, and let’s not forget the blonde in that T-bird, Suzanne Somers.

American Graffitti is essentially teenage angst, or young adult angst. It’s a wild ride, cruising the streets back in days

when it wasn’t quite so ominous. Some consider this to be a coming of age film. Maybe, or maybe it’s just an excuse for some to relive crazy moments back before families and obligations took root.

It’s a great cast that stars in American Graffitti, which is more iconic than anything else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113105715100631/k2311a0531/5.31.09