Saving Sarah Caine movie  » Movies  »
  • I bought a DVD from Amazon shortly after that, and my husband and I watched the movie together

• by Lorianna

I saw previews of “Saving Sarah Cain” before watching another movie, and it looked like something I would not only want to watch but probably also add to my movie collection. I bought a DVD from Amazon shortly after that, and my husband and I watched the movie together.

“Saving Sarah Cain” is simply excellent. A warning: have a

box of Kleenex at hand, you will need it, and more than once. No, the story does not have an unhappy ending, but nevertheless, it is not possible to watch it without being moved to tears.

Sarah Cain is a strong, independent young columnist in Portland. Having been hurt in the past, she has built emotional walls around her ...

• to keep others away. Her column is not doing well, Sarah does not seem to find good subjects to write about. Things change, drastically, when Sarah’s Amish sister dies, leaving five children behind. Her sister was a widow, so there are no other relatives. Sarah is appointed the children’s legal guardian. She takes them to Portland, and we
        get treated to a complicated and touching story of the five Amish kids trying to adjust to city life while Sarah tries to adjust to having a family.

I loved the child actors, they are well picked and incredibly talented, a pleasure to watch. The youngest girl, Hannah (Bailee Madison), stole my heart. Do not miss this gem of a movie!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113105714880131/k2311a0531/5.31.09