Gidget Goes Hawaiian movie
  • I think they're a part of the reason I prefer Gidget Goes Hawaiian over Gidget

• by Orrymain

Two years after Sandra Dee captured the world as the girl midget known as Gidget, the character was back in Gidget Goes Hawaiian. Now honestly, this one is probably my favorite. There’s something about the storyline that I really loved. I don’t know if technically it’s a better movie than Gidget, but it’s my favorite of the series and was very well done.

Replacing Dee, is Gidget #2, Deborah

Walley. She fits the bill very well and keeps up the whiny part of being a teenager. She’s probably more average than Dee, but that’s okay. She made an enjoyable Gidget.

James Darren is back as Moondoggie. I just adore the scene when he tells Gidget’s rival who he is, that he’s Moondoggie. It’s very probably my best part of the entire movie.

This time around, Gidget’s parents are ...

• played by Carl Reiner and Jeff Donnell. I think they’re a part of the reason I prefer Gidget Goes Hawaiian over Gidget. They have color and style. They’re a bit more comical than the originals, though I think Arthur O’Connell is fantastic in the original. I just like the combination here, though Donnell’s Dorothy Lawrence is a little less wise here.

The guys here who become part of

Gidget and Moondoggie’s world are more fun to watch than in the first movie. Michael Callan and Joby Baker are both very good to watch, and Vicki Trickett as the nemesis is wonderful. I have to mention the outrageous Peggy Cass, too. There’s a bit with the parents that is just hysterical, and she’s a big part of that.

I love Gidget Goes Hawaiian. It’s definitely a movie for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113105714651231/k2311a0531/5.31.09