El Coronado hotel Wildwood Crest, NJ  » Hotels  »
2.5
Wildwood Crest, NJ
  • Parking is tight and there is only room for one car per room, so if it is a full hotel, it can be very hard to find a spot

• by Deb S
      We went to the El Coronado hotel located at 8501 Atlantic Avenue in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey this past week. We stayed for a total of 3 nights. Parking is tight and there is only room for one car per room, so if it is a full hotel, it can be very hard to find a spot.

The exterior was painted blue and white, different from the brochure showing it tan, so it looked like it was a fresh coat. I had high hopes for this

beachfront hotel and the fresh coat of paint encouraged me.

The El Coronado has 6 floors. Most of the units are condos though they run it like a hotel and rent these units out.

On checking in, I was greeted by a friendly staff member and given my keys quickly. There are three elevators placed throughout the building so getting to the third floor with luggage was a breeze.

The hallways looked a little run down and left me hoping the room was in better condition.

• On entering my room, I was greeted with standard hotel furniture, but there was a worn out look to the unit.

The one sink was old and rusty and there were tears on the bathroom ceiling. Also the towels we were given had threads and shreds on the bottom of them, certainly well used towels.

I’m sure the room gets a lot of wear and tear, but it left you thinking “run down”. The location of beachfront was ideal and we loved the private balcony overlooking

the hot tub and pool.

The hotel also had a game room with vending machines, an air hockey table and about 8 arcade style games. A small restaurant with friendly staff greeted us each morning for breakfast.

The food was good and prices fair. The El Coronado’s location is ideal.

It is an older hotel as many are in Wildwood, but it needs some touching up. Our unit was individually owned, so the owners are resonsible, but it did leave us thinking maybe next year we’ll try something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2210771460431/k2311a0721/7.21.06