Better Than Ears
  • What a neat idea, and it's one I agree with
  • Manufactured by Targeted Pet Treats in Pennsylvania, I love their packaging catchphrase

• by Orrymain

Just recently, I was able to allow one of my dogs to enjoy a new treat called Better Than Ears, which the company says is ‘the pig ear alternative’. Frankly, I’ve never ever fed any of my dogs pigs ears. I couldn’t do that. It just seems so gross. Their package says this product is endorsed by pigs everywhere, and that made me giggle. What a neat idea, and it’s one I agree with.

This particular Better Than Ears was a smoky bacon flavor, and that always goes over well with

my girls.

I wish I had one for each of my dogs, but I only had the one, and these things aren’t easily breakable at all. The package proclaims that Better Than Ears are no mess, and that’s right on. There wasn’t any slime or even odor from this large-size treat. I really had wanted to break it so I could let each of my dogs try it, but while it flexed, there was no real bend and break. I noticed, though, how it didn’t make my hands feel messy, dirty, or ...

• slimy. That impressed me. I had a greasy treat.

Better Than Ears are highly digestible and low fat, and my reviewing the ingredients, there’s nothing there that I deem dangerous or harmful to the dogs (or they wouldn’t even have a chance to eat one of these). Manufactured by Targeted Pet Treats in Pennsylvania, I love their packaging catchphrase: “Serve when deserved with love, affection, and a scratch behind the ears.” I adore that, and it makes me believe in that product because it sounds like it comes from a company that

cares and knows my dogs. It’s great.

So how did my dog like Better Than Ears? She liked it. She wasn’t sure about it at first and gave me a quizzical look, but after an initial sniff and taste test, she went at it. It wasn’t a gulp treat, which I liked. It allowed her to really enjoy and feel like she was eating something substantial. She gave it a smile and tail wag, so what more could you want?

If the price is right, I’d love to get these again for my dogs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293105714501231/k2311a0531/5.31.09