Pilates Reformer  » Health  »
  • The Pilates Reformer model is a high-end excercise machine, but I found the footbar to be too stiff for prolonged use over one hour per day
  • The problem with the metal footbar is that it compresses the foot nerves on the exact same spot everyday, and I felt some nerve damage brewing
  • If you have not used a Pilates on a regular basis, I suggest that you go to a gym and take class for a few weeks before buying the Reformer

• by ekaterina markova

The Pilates Reformer model is a high-end excercise machine, but I found the footbar to be too stiff for prolonged use over one hour per day. The sample videos show the users in bare feet, and this was an impossiblity for me on the second day.

The problem with the metal footbar is that it compresses the foot nerves

on the exact same spot everyday, and I felt some nerve damage brewing. This Pilates design does not allow for any attachment of the new and improved rebound foot spring as sold on Home Shopping Club. I have invested $3000 into my Reformer and have no where to go to modify the footbar.

If you have not used ...

• a Pilates on a regular basis, I suggest that you go to a gym and take class for a few weeks before buying the Reformer. In addition to the footbar problem, it is very heavy and does not move well on carpet.

All aspects of the Reformer are fine, except the footbar, which cannot be replaced on this unit.

The newer Pilates models come with a mesh springboard for rebound and are surely better for the ligaments. Also, I found the risers on the Reformer to be quite difficult to install, so you will probably need to use the unit diectly on the floor. Overall, it’s a fantastic workout for every part of the body, except your feet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343105714361231/k2311a0531/5.31.09