Morocco travel  » Travel  »
  • In spite of this you should protect yourself from the pocket thieves and avoid keeping gadgets like, mobile phones, cameras and ipods in plain sight
  • For accommodation I recommend an all inclusive 4-5 stars hotel
  • As for communication, not knowing the language is not a problem, since most directions are translated in French and sometimes Spanish
  • One on top of the other, Morocco was a very nice experience and you should go there

• by iqphantom

I was very skeptical when visiting a Morocco . I was giving up Tunisia, but I have already been there so was not much of a sad movement. This visit calmed a lot of my fears and erased a lot of prejudices because besides the wonderful scenery that went on before my eyes I felt by myself how it is to live in an Arabian country, what ideas and customs they have there. As personal safety is concerned you shouldn’t worry much. All the major cities I have visited Tetouan, Rabat and Tangier- have a very good security.

There are police everywhere because they are very well aware that anything happening to the tourists may directly affect the country economy. In spite of this you should protect yourself from the pocket thieves and avoid keeping gadgets like, mobile phones, cameras and ipods in plain sight.

/> It didn’t happen to me but I heard tourist complaining about things missing after a visit in the market so it is good to know. I have visited the north of Morocco.

There is no desert in the north, but there is the Mediterranean and Atlantic Ocean shore. Also there you can find wonderful mountain scenery and a very nice weather. I visited in September and the temperature was around 22 Celsius degrees. Tangier looks very much like any European city and here I liked best the Hafa café terraces which is here since the 20’s laying on the sea shore steps, the favorite place of famous artists.

The prices are very low and the tea is excellent. In Rabat we visited the Hassan 2 Mausoleum and we saw the Ocean. The weather was beautiful and I was very touched to see the Atlantic so ...

• close for the very first time in my life. A city which fascinated me was Chefchaouen, spread on two mountain ridges, full with colored houses, waterfalls and gardens, many bazaars resembling a lot a story from 1001 Arabian Nights.

The national currency is the dirham. The prices were very low, one euro being changed with 12 dirham. Most prices for tourist are pumped higher than usual but you can negotiate since they are enjoying the process very much. We bought unique leather items with 5 to 12 euros and the price was very low for the quality.

As the food is concerned, you must be careful where you eat. The restaurants and cafes, though more expensive, are very clean, resembling a lot the European ones. The food is good and plenty, for 10 euros you can eat 2 main courses. The mint tea is

excellent and it is usually a bonus.

Also fisherman restaurants have exquisite fish dishes. For accommodation I recommend an all inclusive 4-5 stars hotel. It is good to know 4 stars in Morocco are 3 anywhere else in Europe. We stayed at El Minzah and were very pleased with the accommodation and services.

It was a bit expensive but we didn’t want to take any chances. As for communication, not knowing the language is not a problem, since most directions are translated in French and sometimes Spanish. Most locals speak French well enough to be understood. English is spoken very little but one can manage.

The very important part is showing respect for the king. The king’s picture is inside every store and building and everyone speaks about him with reverence so you should be careful there. One on top of the other, Morocco was a very nice experience and you should go there. We will go back to visit the south.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382905713970431/k2311a0529/5.29.09