Oishii Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar Houston, TX  » Restaurants  »
3764 Richmond Ave. Houston, TX 77046
  • Their happy hour is the best time to hang out and kick back with some beers
  • What I love about their happy hour is the food

• by Anny Sivilay

I discovered this little restaurant by accident. I’ve driven by it many times but it was located next to a dry cleaners and looked very small from the outside I just never gave it much thought. One day I was looking up some new sushi places to try out in Houston and Oishii got really great reviews about the food and the prices so my

boyfriend and I went in and tried it for ourselves.

Don’t let the small size fool you. It’s a humble little Japanese restaurant but the food is very authentic. So authentic that most of their staff are Asians with thick accents. Their dinner price is fairly standard but they don’t skimp on food. The portions are fairly big so you’ll get your money’s worth. The ...

• same goes for their lunch menu. What my boyfriend go for is their happy hour. No, we’re not drinkers but we go there for their appetizer specials, which includes selected sushi.

Their happy hour is the best time to hang out and kick back with some beers. Their domestic and imported beers are $1.25. Their sake and wines go for $3-4. What I love about

their happy hour is the food. Not only are their appetizers all $4 each but when you buy one you get one free. My boyfriend and I ordered five items and our total bill was less than $15.

Oishii is probably my #1 pick for Japanese places to eat for cheap, good food. Like I said, the portions are large and the staff is very friendly and attentive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72805713340631/k2311a0528/5.28.09