Star Wars movie
  • The 1977 movie had been out for months, close to a year I believe, before I finally caved in and went to see it
  • I enjoyed Han's initial take off and all the space stuff, too

• by Orrymain

Quite honestly, I was a huge hold out to the entire Star Wars thing. The 1977 movie had been out for months, close to a year I believe, before I finally caved in and went to see it. By then, seats were plentiful. I must admit that

once I saw Star Wars, I was hooked and went back to see if several times before it finally left the theaters.

I was instantly thrilled with both Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford were awesome. I wasn’t as crazy about Leia or Carrie Fisher, and in those early days of the franchise, I wanted her with Luke and not Han.

On the ‘I loved it’ side, there’s James Earl Jones’ voice as Darth Vader. What the perfect choice for the mystery of Vader than this deep, thundering vocalization by Jones? It was incredible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112805712700131/k2311a0528/5.28.09