The Bridges of Madison County movie  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I remember reading how the owners of the place where they really wanted to film this wouldn't allow the filming because they didn't agree with events of the story
  • I like Eastwood, and Streep is so talented, but I hated this movie
  • I thought it was all very self-involved for both the Eastwood and Streep characters, and I wasn't buying any of it

• by Orrymain

In 1995, Clint Eastwood directed and starred in The Bridges of Madison County which was based on a best selling novel. Basically, he’s a photo journalist who goes to a rural area looking for a place to stay and ends up having an affair with his landlady, played by Meryl Streep. I remember

reading how the owners of the place where they really wanted to film this wouldn’t allow the filming because they didn’t agree with events of the story. They turned down a lot of money for their moral principles. I’m on their side, and I applaud them.

I like Eastwood, and Streep is so talented, but I hated this movie. I didn’t agree one bit with the love affair portrayed. I thought it was all very self-involved for both the Eastwood and Streep characters, and I wasn’t buying any of it. Aside from the pleasantry of the rural area where the movie was filmed, there isn’t anything ...

• The Bridges of Madison County movie
      I like about it.

I don’t really know any of the other cast members and even now reviewing the cast list, none of the names stand out. It was pretty much just a Clint and Meryl show. I just didn’t like or care for their characters and the action they took in the story.

I was both bored and angered by it. It felt intrusive and egotistical in ways. In short, The Bridges of Madison County isn’t for me. I realize it was nominated and won some big awards, but it’s meaningless for me.

I’m passing on The Bridges of Madison County. Once was more than enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112805712640131/k2311a0528/5.28.09