The LG Prada phone  » Phones  »
2.0
  • It retails for $400, but I bought it in the middle of the VOCE fiasco
  • Before you run to the store to sport your new status symbol, keep in mind that the first generation Pradaphone is not angle adjusted, so you have to look the screen straight-on to avoid pushing the wrong button
  • I never have this problem with any of the iPhones or TMobile G1, even on my first try
  • That being said, I know some of you are already putting your order in for one

• by PearlsOfWisdom

The LG Prada phone was exclusively made for Neiman Marcus, a posh Rodeo boutique with original art and Valentino purses decorating their lobby. I was so excited when I entered this store that I posed in front of the crazy shoes, Picasso-looking painting, and out-of-this world purses — but I digress. This phone even has its own website: www.

pradaphonebyLG. com I kid you not — upon entering the site, you will see this phone do a 45 degree-rotation in mid air to R&B music.

It retails for $400, but I bought it in

the middle of the VOCE fiasco. If y’all didn’t know, VOCE (pronounced VO-che)was a world class wireless provider with complimentary concierge that acted as your personal secretary to book flights, give directions, predict the weather, whatever.

When VOCE went down overnight, customers were literally stranded in foreign countries with no access to their bank, flights, or phone. For $200 a month, the end result is beyond anticlimactic.

Back to the phone. The good thing is that it’s durable.

It survived one round of being in the dryer (don’t ask), a spilled soda,

• and countless drops. But it doesn’t stop there.

It seems to top out at 3 bars of reception, dipping dangerously low in parking lots and in corners of rooms. My favorite ring tone on this phone is the creepy man who states “I’m calling you…I’m calling you…I’m calling you” over and over.

Now that’s a show-stopper. Second runner-up would be the Baroque-art background that has a nifty clock dial large enough to spot at arm’s length.

No more squinting to read those digits in the corner. Before you run to the store

to sport your new status symbol, keep in mind that the first generation Pradaphone is not angle adjusted, so you have to look the screen straight-on to avoid pushing the wrong button.

Despite using the phone for a week, I was still pushing 6’s when I intended on ‘9′. I never have this problem with any of the iPhones or TMobile G1, even on my first try.

That being said, I know some of you are already putting your order in for one. Anyone for a machine washed Prada phone by LG? For a $500 membership fee…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372805712490131/k2311a0528/5.28.09