Comcast Triple Play  » Internet  »
1.5
  • I then asked the rep, given the current economic conditions where these services are considered luxuries and people are canceling left and right, would they consider keeping me at that rate to save a customer
  • I think if they would keep their customers satisfied, they would not have such a bad rap

• by Andy72

When we first moved into our new place, we were looking into combining our cable, internet and phone service into one bill. After researching all the companies out there, we decided to go with Comcast. We seen their advertisements promoting the Triple Play for $99 (now it is being advertised for $114.99). We thought it was a great deal.

The cable service was great. The VOIP phone service was OK. It had minor flaws but nothing even worth mentioning. The internet was fast as promised. Overall, we were happy with the Triple Play and had no regrets about going with Comcast as our cable,internet and phone service provider.

The Triple Play is offered for new subscribers for 1 year and then the

rate goes up after the promotional period ends. We knew this when we signed up. Once we knew our promotional period was about to end, we decided that we wanted to keep the service but if it went up to the rate it was scheduled to go to, we would not be able to afford it. I called Comcast to see if they would work with us and just keep the triple play at $99. They would not. They said that price was strictly for new subscribers. I then asked the rep, given the current economic conditions where these services are considered luxuries and people are canceling left and right, would they consider keeping me at that rate to save a ...

• customer? I was told no. The rep then proceeded to end the call and I was not at all satisfied.

I ended up canceling my service all together and the rep sounded as if she couldn’t be any happier even though I was very nice to her on the phone. We thought about starting up new service in my wife’s name as a new subscriber to get the low rate but decided we would just be going through this all over again in 1 year.

Overall, the Comcast Triple Play service is great for $99 or $114.99 as it is being advertised for now in some areas. Just be prepared when the promotional period ends for the price to jump way up.

Once the rate jumps way up, no matter how nice you are to the Comcast reps online or by phone, they will not lower the rate or try to make you, the customer, happy.

Comcast offers great services but lacks customer service. I think if they would keep their customers satisfied, they would not have such a bad rap. I think with the way the economy is going, they should try to work with their customers rather than give them a hard time. I think they do it because they know they can get away with it. How many choices of cable service providers do many of us have? Most of the time, it is deal with Comcast or go without cable altogether.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 212805712460131/k2311a0528/5.28.09