TomTom Go 300  » Electronics  »
  • But I got tempted to buy a navigation system, simply because of the bigger display and because sometimes it happens that I need both - my phone and a map at the same time, and then it becomes not very convenient
  • The features I like the most are a big touch screen and possibility to get (download) extra maps
  • The problem with these maps is that they get outdated very quickly, or (in some cases) are not accurately made
  • It's not that big of a deal when I drive in the area which I know more or less well

• by Hugo
      I have been always using my Nokia 6600 + little GPS receiver to get directions. And it worked brilliant. But I got tempted to buy a navigation system, simply because of the bigger display and because sometimes it happens that I need both - my phone and a map at the same time, and then it becomes not very

convenient.

Well to start it’s not very cheap. But the number of features TomTom makes the price to look reasonable.

The features I like the most are a big touch screen and possibility to get (download) extra maps. All can be stored on memory cards.

The problem with these maps is that they get outdated very quickly, or (in some cases) are not accurately made. It’s not that big of a deal when I drive in the area which I know more or less well.

But when I travelled around Italy I did get lost a few of times. The device also has an integrated compass and voice navigation (can be irritating, often I switch it off - otherwise it ...

• TomTom Go 300
      will drive me crazy, especially if the rout Tomtom has planned for me does not correspond with the road I’ve chosen).

A minuses with the navigation is that I hear that I have to take an exit or turn a little bit too late. It can be really frustrating.

In a heavy traffic I do prefer to know well in

advance that I need to turn. The battery life is not particularly long - round 4 hours.

, lasts longer with voice navigation off. The device is useful - no doubt about that.

It saves time and gas. But for me it was rather a mistake to buy it - all the same functions I have already had on my phone.

for free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16210771200331/k2311a0721/7.21.06