Creative MuVo N200
  • My Creative MuVo N200 has been with me for about of 4 years, I know what you're thinking
  • After 4 years of companionship through thick and thin, I'm quite confident I can relate to you a lot from my personal experience with it on this review
  • Another thing I noticed is that, A Creative MuVo N200 jacked into external speakers is not as loud as an iPod on external speakers
  • The best for me are Shuffle All, Shuffle Once, Shuffle Folder, Repeat, Repeat Part A-B, and Play Once

• by Armando Dayrit II

My Creative MuVo N200 has been with me for about of 4 years, I know what you’re thinking! Yes it’s still working! After 4 years of companionship through thick and thin, I’m quite confident I can relate to you a lot from my personal experience with it on this review.

With the right headphones the sound is superb, there are a lot of presets to choose from, my favorite being Jazz as it brings out the bass and really sets the mood. The sound is loud enough to block out external noise and safe enough for my ears to handle. To be honest though based on my experience, when it comes to sound between the MuVo N200 and the iPod Nano, the iPod Nano sound is little better, though they both produce the same exceptional quality sound, the iPod Nano sound

tends to be much rounder and fuller. Another thing I noticed is that, A Creative MuVo N200 jacked into external speakers is not as loud as an iPod on external speakers.

There are here a lot of play options on the Muvo N200 for an LCD mp3 player. The best for me are Shuffle All, Shuffle Once, Shuffle Folder, Repeat, Repeat Part A-B, and Play Once. By their names their functions are quite self explanatory. I use Shuffle Once quite a lot as it plays all songs on my mp3 randomly so in case I fall asleep the player stops at a song that it started at therefore not wasting battery. Repeat Part A-B is very useful to me too, I use it when trying to make out lyrics or when tabbing out guitar parts.

The Creative MuVo N200 is quite

durable physically, I bring it everywhere! Even while hiking or biking, I also stuff it anywhere, just like how a smoker handles his lighter with indifference. Some mornings I wake up and it’s on the floor! I’ve dropped it also a couple of times, some drops with the batteries flying everywhere, still it’s alive with no adverse effect on its functioning.

It has a special feature that lets you to record from other sources like Discmans, PC audio cards, TVs or basically anything with a stereo out jack. This is done through a nifty cable with different sized jack heads on both ends.

It also works like a regular USB to move songs, no iTunes required not like the Ipod, simply copy paste and your done. The bundled software, Creative Media Source is great, it works and looks like Winamp,

• Creative MuVo N200
      only better as it has a media library, lots of recording options, an excellent CD ripper, and a audio converter. The bundled software also integrates into Windows if you want, so you can drag and drop and automatically convert and arrange at the same time. Its support of 64kbs wma format saves lots of space without a loss in quality. It also comes with a Recovery Tool that restores the product to its original state in case you damage its system by unsafe practices.

I’d like to point out a few bad points on this product though. The Creative MuVo N200 cannot play wave files, which is weird because it records in wave format. Its recorder though neat is not a substitute for a real recorder, if a sound goes high pitched immediately it sounds different on the recorded result. I

also have this strange suspicion that it damages earphones, around 5-6 months my earphones seem to die on this product. It’s got a lousy FM player, if you’re on the move the signal is disrupted. It comes in a lousy brown box, don’t get me wrong but box really affects buying process. I also wish it had a clock.

Overall, I’m very satisfied with my Creative MuVo N200! The good points outweigh the bad. Remember the most important aspect in buying an mp3 player is sound! It’s the reason you want the player in the first place, to listen to quality music! The Creative MuVo N200 has that! Plus a whole bunch of special features! I remember way back when I had to choose between it and an iPod Shuffle, I know now that I made the right and intelligent choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162705711890231/k2311a0527/5.27.09