Kona Grill Houston, TX  » Restaurants  »
5061 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77056
  • Their lunch and dinner prices are pretty standard, not too bad consider the portion and quality you'll getting
  • It was one of the best crème brulees I've had, and it was on the house

• by Anny Sivilay

Kona Grill is probably one of my favorite places to eat. It’s also the place where I fell in love with calamari. I never used to like that stuff until I had it at Kona Grill, only after my boyfriend talked me into trying it. I’ve tried fried calamari at other places before, even places that

had large portions but none of them made them quite like Kona Grill could. Their spicy aioli sauce that comes with it is just divine. I can’t imagine eating it any other way, it just isn’t the same without the right sauce.

Their menus isn’t limited to sushi, although their sushi is ranked high up for me in terms of quality and taste, they have pizza, noodles and some great seafood and meat dishes. Their lunch and dinner prices are pretty standard, not too bad consider the portion and quality you’ll getting. The hosts and waiters there are always so friendly and attentive. One of the times I went there was for ...

• Kona Grill Houston, TX
      my birthday. My boyfriend had mentioned it to our waiter and he asked me if I wanted dessert. I told him know because we had a huge cake at home. Before we left our waiter brought out crème brulee with raspberries. It was one of the best crème brulees I’ve had, and it was on the
      house!

One of the best thing about Kona Grill is their happy hours It’s really what got me hooked, aside from the calamari. They have a reverse happy hour where selected sushi, appetizers and pizzas are half off. Great food for very cheap, what more can you ask for?

Oh and they have a gluten free menu.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72705711560131/k2311a0527/5.27.09