Crest Cavity Protection - Cool Mint Gel  » Health  »
  • Sometimes I get samples of their competitors' products, and there are a couple of good ones out there that I've liked, but I still consider myself a loyal Crest user
  • The last time I needed toothpaste, though, I was disappointed at the selection at the grocery store
  • Now, I want to stress that I believe that's just me and not the product itself
  • I believe the product is doing its job, but gel doesn't agree with me
  • I'm very appreciative of that, and I think that goes a long way about their caring for customers

• by Orrymain

I’m a Crest kid. That’s the only toothpaste my parents bought as I grew up, and I’ve just kept on using it. Sometimes I get samples of their competitors’ products, and there are a couple of good ones out there that I’ve liked, but I still consider myself a loyal Crest user.

The last time I needed toothpaste, though, I was disappointed at the selection at the grocery store. They didn’t have any of the Crest varieties that I normally get. Finally, I had to go with Crest

Cavity Protection - Cool Mint Gel. It’s not the regular toothpaste that I was concerned about, and it wasn’t the mint variety. In fact, mint is my preference. I rarely get anything that isn’t mint. However, I was really worried about the gel.

I’ve only used gel once before, and that was in a small sample. I hated it, but I tried to remain hopeful. Ultimately, though, I just can’t stand this gel at all. I guess it’s the slimy concept. I’m really not ...

• sure. It almost made me throw up once. Now, I want to stress that I believe that’s just me and not the product itself. I believe the product is doing its job, but gel doesn’t agree with me. I’ve tried to use just small amounts and that’s helped a little. The mint is there, but it gets lost in the gel of the product.

Here’s what I think is great about Crest. I emailed them and explained the situation and how tight money was for me.

They very kindly sent me a replacement coupon for a free package of toothpaste so I could get the type I prefer. I’m very appreciative of that, and I think that goes a long way about their caring for customers.

I remain a loyal Crest customer. While Crest Cavity Protection - Cool Mint Gel isn’t for me, others who like gel products might very well love it. My score for the gel is a 4; my score for Crest customer service is a 10, so the average is my rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342705711320131/k2311a0527/5.27.09