Maybelline Expert Finishing Loose Powder in #02 Sand  » Cosmetics  »
  • I prefer to tap a small amount of powder into the cap, dip my Ecotools kabuki brush into the powder, swirl it around the cap a little to distribute the powder evenly on the brush, and then apply it on my face
  • I found that I don't really need a huge amount of this powder to get the effect that I want

• by Banane

I didn’t know such a thing as finishing powder existed until I purchased this. The helpful saleslady explained that this gives makeup a better finish and would help it last longer. It’s meant to be applied after foundation and concealer.

I got it in #02 Sand because this was a good match for my skintone and had the most natural finish for me.

I loved how this looked on my skin. I usually use it over foundation, and it gives my face a matte finish, but I can also use it alone and it evens out my skin tone and helps to blur my pores and blemishes a little bit.

However, this doesn’t do anything at all for the oiliness of my skin. I get shiny ...

• after about two hours, that’s how oily my skin is. The good thing is this doesn’t cake even when that happens.

It comes in a little jar with its own puff included, but I don’t really like using the puff it comes with. I prefer to tap a small amount of powder into the cap, dip my Ecotools kabuki brush into the powder,

swirl it around the cap a little to distribute the powder evenly on the brush, and then apply it on my face. I found that I don’t really need a huge amount of this powder to get the effect that I want.

I’m still on the lookout for a loose powder with better oil-controlling properties, but until I find that, this is good enough for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312705711040131/k2311a0527/5.27.09