Dancing with the Stars - Final Results 5/19/09
  • While I agree, the best three couples are in the finals, it also bugs me that the voting has been so manipulated to ensure that one of them, Melissa Rycroft and her partner, would make it
  • I'm happy to say that the right dancer won
  • Her name is Anna, and she was the best of the bunch
  • Some were given more time than others, and that was somewhat interesting to see
  • Again, I like Gilles, but he, too, got the benefit of the doubt a few times, not as much as Melissa, but there were a few 9's that shouldn't have been

• by Orrymain

This was the big night when the winner of the Dancing with the Stars 2009 season would be crowned. While I agree, the best three couples are in the finals, it also bugs me that the voting has been so manipulated to ensure that one of them, Melissa Rycroft and her partner, would make it. They got a lot of 9’s that should have been 8’s, and were 8’s for other couples. I’ve never been so upset at the judging scores since the first season of this show.

First off, though, the new professional dancer was crowned. Over the last month, several

pros have faced off in a competition. Each week, their number shrunk based on the fan vote. I’m happy to say that the right dancer won. Her name is Anna, and she was the best of the bunch. She’ll be a great addition to the cast next season.

There was a couple of performances by Lady Gaga, which made me go ga ga, but not in a good way. I admit there’s a decent singing voice in there, but I just don’t get what’s so wonderful about her.

All of the other contestants from the season returned, dancing again as is the ...

• tradition. Some were given more time than others, and that was somewhat interesting to see.

Finally, the first couple out of the competition was named, and that was Melissa! America got it right, and the judges couldn’t save her, thank goodness. Look, she’s a nice woman, and she’s a good dancer, but she had some miscues and she was the judges’ favorite, second to Gilles Marini. She got higher scores than she have all season long, so this was justice. I cheered.

Then we got to the real results. Gilles Marini was the favorite. There was no doubt about that.

I just kept saying, ‘Shawn! Shawn! Shawn!’ My, oh my, the winner was Shawn Johnson! Way to go, America! She won the Mirror Ball, and I screamed so loud my dogs came running up to me. Again, I like Gilles, but he, too, got the benefit of the doubt a few times, not as much as Melissa, but there were a few 9’s that shouldn’t have been. Shawn, though, had to claw her way for every 9 and 10 she got.

Congrats to Shawn Johnson and her partner, Mark Ballas. They were the true champions, I am ecstatic!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102605710720231/k2311a0526/5.26.09