Heathrow Express  » Airlines  »
  • The train is comfortable, and I really like that it's possible to be in 'quiet zone' carriages, which I found provided me some downtime in which to relax
  • Everything is very clearly marked upon arrival at Heathrow, and I like that it was really easy to find my terminal
  • If you're looking for a hassle-free, worry-free commute to and from Heathrow airport, I would recommend the Heathrow Express

• by karandash

I’ve been forced to take the Heathrow Express train from Paddington Station to the airport a number of times, as my flights have left so early that taking the Underground was impossible. Compared to the Underground, the prices are shockingly expensive, but certainly worth it if you want a hassle-free commute to or from the airport, or if the Underground isn’t running at the time of your commute.

The train is comfortable, and I really like that it’s possible to be in ‘quiet zone’ carriages, which I found provided me some downtime in which to relax.

I also like that the train leaves downtown London from Paddington Station, as it seems to be fairly central and is easy to get to.

The first time I used the service, I had absolutely no problems locating ...

• the train, as everything is well-marked.

I found it useful that you can buy your tickets online and pick them up from a self-serve kiosk at the station, so you know that the tickets are already paid for by the time you arrive at the station.

Everything is very clearly marked upon arrival at Heathrow, and I like that it was really easy to find my terminal.

There’s ample room on the train for luggage, and carriage attendants make sure everything is properly stowed.

If you’re looking for a hassle-free, worry-free commute to and from Heathrow airport, I would recommend the Heathrow Express.

I found that, in the stressful process of traveling, the Heathrow Express provided me fifteen minutes during which I could relax and know that I was definitely going in the right direction.

Andy Todd says :

Really interested to hear your comments. I was on the team that brought the Heathrow Express into service what seems like ages ago some 10 years ago. I am now part of another firm that specialises in AirRail links and we are just about to launch a site that offers reviews of the ground transport links from Airports and rating them on a number of key categories. If you would be interested in answering those questions in relation to Heathrow Express I would welcome the opportunity to share that with you. With Kind regards Andy

Karandash replies :

Sure, that would be fine as long as there aren`t a lot of questions I`m just getting ready to go to Asia next week, and everything`s a bit hectic at the moment . My email address is gallopmonkey gmail.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402605710630231/k2311a0526/5.26.09