Melatonin
  • I talked to my doctor about this problem and she suggested a few different prescription medications that I could use
  • I decided against taking any type of prescription medications because of the habit forming possibilities and I already do take enough medications for other illnesses and really do not want to add another one
  • I believe that I have probably tried every available remedy and nothing worked
  • I learned that melatonin in our body regulates our wake and sleep cycles

• by Lynn Moll

I have problems sleeping at night. I will go to sleep and in about two hours I am up and wide awake. Once I am awake I just am unable to settle down enough to go back to sleep. I talked to my doctor about this problem and she suggested a few different prescription medications that I could use. I decided against taking any type of prescription medications because of the habit forming

possibilities and I already do take enough medications for other illnesses and really do not want to add another one.

I have tried many over-the-counter sleep aids with no such luck in helping ease my insomnia. I believe that I have probably tried every available remedy and nothing worked!

I came across an article on the internet explaining the benefits of melatonin supplements and how this hormone is produced naturally in our bodies. I learned that melatonin ...

• in our body regulates our wake and sleep cycles. As we age, the production of this hormone decreases and sometimes causes our wake and sleep cycles to become abnormal.

I decided to give these supplements a try. I purchased a bottle at Wal-Mart for about $4.00 for 100 3mg tablets. The directions indicated to take one about thirty minutes before bedtime. I took the supplement as the directions suggested and within thirty minutes I

could not keep my eyes open! I became so sleepy. I went to bed and was pleasantly surprised when I woke up the next morning! I did not wake the entire night and felt very refreshed the next morning! I had lots of energy because I was able to get a good night sleep. I continue to take this supplement and have not experienced any problems with my sleep patterns ever since I started!

Melatonin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342605710570231/k2311a0526/5.26.09