Root Canal Treatment  » Health  »
1.5
  • I think I actually caused the infection because I drank out of a straw after the root canal treatment and that might of cause air to get down in my bone to cause the infection

• by Betty Mack

I had a root canal treatment last week. I was having problems with one of my back molars. I couldn’t drink anything without a shooting pain going through my mouth.

It hurt so bad. I went to the dentist and he sent me to an Endodontist to get a root canal treatment.

The doctor was great and

the procedure went good. It wasn’t until about three days later that I started having real problems.

I got an infection in my mouth. I had a throbbing dull pain coming from my molar that had the root canal treatment.

The pain moved up to my ear. It felt like I had an ear infection.

It was ...

• pretty much the worst pain I have ever felt. My whole side of my face was throbbing.

I called the doctor and they put me on antibiotics. The antibiotics took forever to kick in.

I couldn’t sleep because once I fell asleep I woke up to the throbbing pain several times through the night. I even

missed work.

I think I actually caused the infection because I drank out of a straw after the root canal treatment and that might of cause air to get down in my bone to cause the infection. I am just warning everyone if you have a root canal treatment be careful not to get an infection because it is horrible!

Root Canal Treatment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342505709981031/k2311a0525/5.25.09