Jewelry shopping at Mustafa centre  » Jewelry  »
Mustafa centre, 145 Syed Alwi road, Singapore - 207704
  • The collection of ear studs are amazing though earrings with hanging designs do not have a large collection
  • Shopping for gold at Mustafa is a good experience
  • Make sure to avoid very peak hours of weekends to make a gold purchase, but night hours and week days are better

• by Sweety

I have purchased gold from the Jewelry section in Mustafa centre many times by now. They have excellent collection of Jewelry items and the designs are really excellent. When My son was born, we bought a baby bracelet for him. It lasted for about 9 months from the time of his birth. After that, the bracelet developed a crack and finally we had to remove

it.

Earring section has also a good collection. With studded stones and earrings with studs and loops, there is really a nice collection. The collection of ear studs are amazing though earrings with hanging designs do not have a large collection. I was able to find a great stud within my budget and desired weight. The sales person in jewelry section are friendly ...

• and willing to help anyone based on the desire and budget of the customer.

I have taken my mother to buy gold from this jewelry section and she bought a good gold ring. According to her, the purchase of gold from this centre is profitable compared to purchasing gold from India. The making charges of gold is lower here compared to jewelry shops in India. As

my mother came on tourist pass, she was even able to get GST refund. Though it involves some extra hassles,it helped her to get the refund.

Overall, we are happy with purchase of gold from this centre. Shopping for gold at Mustafa is a good experience. Make sure to avoid very peak hours of weekends to make a gold purchase, but night hours and week days are better.

Nanda says :

We want to see the models of bangales, necklace how to see ?

Jules Li says :

Nanda, I may not understand exactly what you mean here. This is a retail jewelry center. You can’t view the jewelry online. You will have to go to the location to view the jewelry.

Satish says :

Singapore Assay Office is the Gold Standards Certification Agency and Singapore Jewellers Association is the pricing agency. Mustafa, despite claiming to be the`Largest Show Room in Asia’, is not a member of either of the two certification agencies, while all leading jewellers in Singapore are members. Does Mustafa rely solely on its size and gulliable indian tourists ?

saru says :

hi,

please be careful while buying gold from mustafa as there are times when they sell you 18k gold in the price of 22k gold and later on upon checking they simply tell you to take your money back or buy another piece.
    Recently i bought a pair of spring earings from them and we were billed for 22k gold where as later on we found out that entire earing is not 22k
    When we went back to check why this was done every body was super rude and cold and just wanted us to go away…they kept lying to us by saying that 750 stamp (18K) inside the earing is the design code for that earing which i could not believe at all. After being after then for half hour the supervisor said that this is how their supplier charges them so that why they are charging the public as well.
    My advice would be to do check each and every part of your jewellery for a proper stamp.

Galega says :

” the supervisor said that this is how their supplier charges them so that why they are charging the public as well.”

I don’t think that Supervisor had told you the above statement. It will be clubbed under highly unprofessional behavior.

Having said that, there is no denying that checking facts and figures while shopping is necessary. This is all the more necessary with Jewelry Shopping.

Saru says :

He said the exact statement which I have mentioned….not once but thrice….should have recorded it to prove it :D
    His tone was more off “this is how it is ….take it or leave it”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 452505709000831/k2311a0525/5.25.09