Phillipia (Atlanta singer)
2.5
Atlanta, GA
  • What I don't like in particular, is her over-theatrical approach to the stage

• by Famous

I have attended a few venues in Atlanta where Phillipia was performing.

I don’t know much about her except that she’s a 36 year old jazz singer who graces many stages around the Atlanta area (and I

presume, beyond). She’s got a great set of pipes. But I am wondering what the hype is about her. I have heard many women who have powerful voices. But for some reason, her style doesn’t necessarily move me. I ...

• hear many people singing her praises. But I guess I just don’t get it. Her rich contralto is very strong. But so are others.

What I don’t like in particular, is her over-theatrical approach to the stage. I suppose I’ve

just seen so many divas on stage, that I just don’t want to see another one. At any rate, she appears to be doing well for herself. I guess I just happen to like smoother, more accessible artists. To each his own…

JEWEL says :

I just happened to stumble upon this page in looking for Phillipia’s current Venue. Let me say this as an Artist myself. I’m a native Detroiter, who arrived in Atlanta heard the same hype HOWEVER, I remember hearing her live saying to myself she can certainly sing…but then I saw her in her element at her OWN show I said, OKAY I GET IT THE GIRL IS A PERFORMER…SAY what you want but many come few are chosen. You don’t earn a reputation in a town like Atlanta or appear in a Tyler Perry movie because of HYPE or not having talent. The girl can sing her ASS off and she gives a SHOW like none other. She has the IT Factor the energy she’s able to project at a LIVE Show, comes few far in between. Personally, I think that takes a special kind of person. With every Diva ..from Mary J. to Monica, Brandy, etc., there’s always a difference in opinion…this one can sing…this one Can’t sing…whatever?? but the masses don’t lie…and you never know how FAR a person’s talent will take them…hopefully fate is deciding that KEEP ROCKING GIRL hard work pays off

phillippia says :

Thank u jewel and same to you I’m just reading the comments and all I can say is I have to stay addicted to my grind. People are gonna lime you n some won’t. You just have to keep moving… and most importantly Keep God strongly in your life.
    Thank u for your support. P

phillippia says :

Im sorry that i can’t please everybody in this music field.
    All I can do is be me and do my best as a servant,a vessel.GOD is music and love and I’m blessed to be able to sing/tell my story. I thank GOD FOR MY THICK SKIN because their are so haters out their. Hell you gotta love them. It makes me stronger. Besides I know for a fact that if they talk about you you must be doing something RIGHT
    So I will always stay ADDICTED 2MY GRIND,

Rita Hayes says :

Where can I sample and purchase Phillipia`s music.

I am on itunes
    Idjfirstlook.com
    I hart
    Xbox
    And more. The name of the album is I REPRESENT

Jazz Musician says :

I have also seen Phillipia in several venues, I even saw her last night at Sugar Hill`s Jam Session. Now, I am a 20yr veteran musician and a vocal coach. And yes everyone has their own flava. But I have students that could blow her out the water on stage. now Granted she does put on a show with her antics and suggestive moves, but to me I see that as cover up for lack of talent. I saw her at seasons in tucker Ga. and again I was not impressed musically. The band was slammin I was vibing off of the band when she wasn`t singing. She seems like a really cool person, and she is very active in the city, but I have to agree with the previous comment. What is all the HYPE about with her. I actually walked out on her performance, not to be rude, but because she did not hold my interest long enough…..I really dont see her going past the city of Atlanta, but then again there are plenty of recording artist making lots of ends based on marketing and not neccessarily talent.

Tonya Glover says :

Are you a vocal coach her in Atlanta?

phillippia says :

Wow thank u so much for your support who ever you are. The next time you come to my venue when my brothers n I perform, approach me and say that again. Oh and the HYPE IS THAT I HAVE GOD IN ME. TRY IT SOME DAY.

Oh and I do perform past the city of atlanta who show me so MUCH LOVE. I pray u find the right artist that will soothe your ears Staying true to me, phillippia

DC says :

But why come online to leave a negative comment.. This woman is out here doing her thing, trying to make it and u felt the need to say what u said.. People like u sad in my eyes.. Hate to say that but seriously.. If u have nothing nice to say just keep it moving until u find what you like..

Donyell Harris says :

When are your next performances in the atl area? I need to hear you soon. I had such a great time listening to you?

Sabrina says :

I just happened to stumble across this page, just as I stumbled into Arizonas onE Friday night and found you. I was just coming in from Miami and was simply trying to find a bite to eat. Unbeknownst to us, you were performing and you were so awesome and so captivating that we didn’t realized that we had waited for 2 hours to be seated.

I must say, I’ve never heard nor seen a performance such as yours….and in a restaurant no less tight space and all. You get down lady and you COMMAND the entire restaurant when you come on stage. I’ve been talking about you every since. You are well known and well loved by everyone I’ve come in contact with. Recently, I mentioned you and was told you are from Miami Is this true? If so, what part?

I was very disturbed by the negative comments that I just read on this site but I must say, I love the way you deal with the negative energy You have to keep HIM in you to keep the devil off of you I am sure that they are CLEAR on what the Hype is all about. :-)

Keep doing watcha doing lady God’s speed to your continued success. You are simple AWESOME and beautiful to boot.

Peace and Blesssings

Sabrina

Aww yhank you sabin
    phillippiawilliams.com

Kenny says :

I have been following u for years now n am in Japan now so tell me where u will be performing on June 6. I will be home to see u

Anika says :

How can I purchase Phillipia`s music online?

michael says :

you can purchase her music online here using this link - that will take you to her reverbnation page where she is selling her music

Tine says :

Phillipia, don’t keep reading replying to the “negative hype”, just keep your ears turned up towards the “Hills”, your ONLY source of help.. keep it rock’n, Girl You ARE what GOD says You ARE. End of story. Tine (Vocalist)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14200770891131/k2311a0720/7.20.06