Panasonic KX-TSC14W 2-Line Speaker Telephone  » Electronics  »
  • I bought a Panasonic KX-TSC14W 2-Line Telephone from a Panasonic dealer shop in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India for INR 2,500
  • Even while speaking it is very difficult to hear the caller, I checked and it is not the network problem because the voice is clear on other instruments

• by dbhattji

I bought a Panasonic KX-TSC14W 2-Line Telephone from a Panasonic dealer shop in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India for INR 2,500. It was white colored sleek instrument that I mounted on the wall.

The two-lines were very useful as I could see who was calling me on the other line while talking on the first line.

I had been getting many crank calls and I wanted to identify the caller so

the caller ID function of this instrument helped in identifying the caller and report it to the phone company.

I used it for conference calls with my business associates using the hands-free speaker phone.

It had three levels volume control for ringer and I kept it at maximum.

Other features were voice message waiting indicator, 50-station caller ID memory and 10-station speed dial.

But all this ...

• is in past tense because after one and a half year, the ringer volume has become so low that I can hardly hear it in the same room.

Even while speaking it is very difficult to hear the caller, I checked and it is not the network problem because the voice is clear on other instruments.

The display is still good but the main function of the phone -

talking is not possible on this instrument.

I showed it to the dealer but I was told that it would be cheaper to replace the instrument with a new one.

So I use it just for identifying the callers through it’s caller ID function.

I use another instrument for making phone calls.

Panasonic products are supposed to have more life than this and not just last till their warranty period.

Carol says :

It sounds like a silly question, but how do you turn the ringer on?

dean carter says :

A question is a question no matter how silly, also you would have to go to the settings and then sounds.

Galega says :

Go to the Profile Settings page and select the Ringing option. You can switch on Ringer or make it mute.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162505708370731/k2311a0525/5.25.09