Thunder on the Hill movie  » Movies  »
  • Thunder on the Hill is a movie I love because it stars two actresses whose talents I've enjoyed for decades, Claudette Colbert and Ann Blyth
  • I've long enjoyed her dramatic and comedic roles

• by Orrymain

Thunder on the Hill is a movie I love because it stars two actresses whose talents I’ve enjoyed for decades, Claudette Colbert and Ann Blyth. It’s a very dramatic film, even intense in places. As a young girl, it actually startled me a couple of times.

Blyth plays a convicted murdered being transported to

the place of her execution when a big storm hits. She ends up on a small island at a convent, stranded with a few other people. While there, Colbert becomes convinced that Blyth is innocent and sets out to discover the truth. Who knew the answer would be there on this stormy ...

• night with so much Thunder on the Hill?

Colbert is a terrific actress. I’ve long enjoyed her dramatic and comedic roles. This one is all drama, though. She’s just captivating here. Blyth, too, is so chilling in her acting. Her role of Valerie Carns is intense. She plays it so rough,

like she’s the bad of the bad, and yet she has a warmth down deep that she lets through just enough to make us believe in her.

Thunder on the Hill is riveting with a lot of twists in the story to keep us guessing. There’s plenty of suspense, too. It had my heart pounding.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112505708350731/k2311a0525/5.25.09