Peeper’s The Optical Shoppe Calgary  » Business  »
640-9737 MacLeod Trail SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • The best optical store that I have ever been to is Peeper's The Optical Shoppe in Calgary, Alberta
  • It is so good that I would even consider ordering glasses or contact lenses and paying for the shipping if I was not in the city
  • To my delight as well, the price has not gone up at all-I paid just over $130 for a year's supply

• by Jessie Bahrey

The best optical store that I have ever been to is Peeper’s The Optical Shoppe in Calgary, Alberta. It is not just the prices and selection, but the customer service is next to none. It is so good that I would even consider ordering glasses or contact lenses and paying for the shipping if I was not in the city; fortunately for me, I make frequent trips to Calgary, so I am able to purchase all my optical needs here.

I first began ordering my glasses and contact lenses from Peeper’s some years ago when I lived in Calgary. My first visit was simply for convenience-I was living

near-by, and I had just gone through my last pair of contacts. The owners, a husband and wife team, did a quick eye test, so I would not have to find a doctor in town to get a referral to an optician, after I promised to get a proper prescription soon. My first order of disposable contact lenses, by Encore, came in at less than $30.00 for a three month supply, which was less than half of what I had been paying in BC. I ended up getting a proper eye test, and the following year I ordered my glasses through Peeper’s. I ended up paying less ...

• than $400 for both the frame and the lenses for some gorgeous Fendi glasses. I ended up pricing the same glasses at another store in Calgary, and they were $700-and the same glasses in Vancouver were over $1,000. I always received great and knowledgeable customer service from both the owners and their employees-they all take the time to find out exactly what you need and want.

I have since ordered my contacts from Peeper’s three more times, on my various trips to Calgary. It is always consistent, quick and very easy-they look my up on the computer, order me the contacts I wear for the quantity I want,

and I have my new contacts within two days. They have even offered to ship my purchases to my home in Vancouver, which I plan to do if I ever am unable to come to Calgary. Today, after almost two years, I walked in to find the same owner, and she had a year supply of my contacts ordered for me in 10 minutes. To my delight as well, the price has not gone up at all-I paid just over $130 for a year’s supply. I will likely always order my glasses and contacts from Peeper’s, no matter where I happen to be living in North America.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412505708170731/k2311a0525/5.25.09