MJQ Concourse nightclub  » Entertainment  »
    • Item: MJQ Concourse nightclub Location: downtown Atlanta by: Famous

Ok, the first time I ever went to this nightclub, I really felt as if I was stepping into a trendy NY joint. Most people in Atlanta have heard lots about MJQ.

But the few people I’ve spoken to, have actually

been there.

It’s probably because there isn’t huge advertising for the club.

Word of mouth, and a few underground circuits keep this club “sacred” for the alternative club crowd.

In addition to that, it’s tucked away firmly under the ground (LITERALLY) with no bright lights or signs to advertise ...

• its presence.

I think that is why I like it so much.

It feels like I’m entering a secret cave that only a few people know about.

There is a little bit of everything at this club.

Gay, straight, black/white/other, preppies, metrosexuals, the whole nine yards.

I like that you can go there and just be yourself, without having to pretend you have a lot of money for the VIP section (which is non-existent).

The vibes are definitely cool, with a lot of Brit-pop, hip-hop, downtempo UK alternative grooves, and of course house music and lots of it (the good kind).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59200770811131/k2311a0720/7.20.06