The Dyson DC 14 vacuum
  • It also has a ten foot hose that you can put accessories on the end of it that I found to be extremely helpful
  • It is no quieter while in use than any other vacuum I have used and doesnt feel much lighter either but the suction is amazing
  • I cannot say anything for pricing, I don't know how much they are running for now, I bought mine at a garage sale for $100.I'm positive that was a steal
  • Anyway, this is the best vacuum I have ever experienced

• by ryliestephens

They say the Dyson vacuum is “the first canister vacuum that does not lose suction”…they are correct.

To begin with, you turn it on by pressing a button on top of the vacuum body, put your foot on the vacuum pad, tilt the handle back, and start vacuuming, just like most other vacuums. It has a twisting knob that shuts off the brush for hard floors and turns it on for carpets which was very nice, I’ve never had a vacuum that did that. It also has a ten foot hose that you can put accessories on the end of it that I found to be extremely helpful. I can walk out much further

with the hose than I found I could with any vacuum I’ve owned.

The vacuum also has a permanent canister for dirt. It is easy to dump and you do not need to buy new filters. Another great thing, there is no manual turn knob to adjust when reaching hardwood or different level carpet, it automatically does it!

It is no quieter while in use than any other vacuum I have used and doesnt feel much lighter either but the suction is amazing. After using my old vacuum then turning right around and using this one, I am finding my canister full, amazing.

The Accessories The machine comes with a “stair tool”, a “crevice ...

• tool”, and a “brush tool” attachment for the wand.

The wand is stuck in the airshaft and the hose. In order to use it for the accessories you need to pull the wand out of the hose and attach the accessories to one end and the hose to the other. With other manufacture models you just need to detach the hose from the side of the vacuum. Now it is bothersome two-step process, but when you are concerned about suction then Dyson’s design is far superior.

The stair tool, brush tool, and crevice tool are the standard tools you will find on almost all vacuums. They are made of the same nice plastic as

the body. There is nothing remarkable about them except that they fit VERY tightly to the hose and require a bit of pressure to put them on. They also attach to the vacuum itself very tightly and the placement of the accessories does not get in the way. The placement is also an improvement over the DC 07. I cannot say anything for pricing, I don’t know how much they are running for now, I bought mine at a garage sale for $100…I’m positive that was a steal!!

Anyway, this is the best vacuum I have ever experienced. It also comes with a lot of attachments which I have yet to use. Very excited about my life with this great machine. :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532405708031031/k2311a0524/5.24.09