Maggot White Fudge Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies
0.5
Albertson in PSL, FL
  • I decided on some yummy looking White Fudge Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies, they were on sale for 2 for $6.00
  • I am about on my 3rd cookie and going for a 4th as I prepare my late night dinner, when I notice that the entire package is infested with MAGGOTS

• by Gina Esquivia

I am so grossed out and sick! I just went shopping at my favorite grocery store Albertson. I spent around $60 bucks, and decided to buy something new that I usually don’t buy.

I decided on some yummy looking White Fudge Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies, they were on sale for 2 for $6! Needless to say I am a full-time college student, had an interview today and didn’t have much of an appetite, so had coffee in the morning,

a “Take 5″ in the afternoon, and a fun size bag of doritos in the evening during the break of my night class, good diet right! Mind you, his isn’t my usual way of eating, but had a lot of stress and things going on today.

So I get home from my night class and before making dinner, can’t help but open the cookies I just bought today.

These cookies are fully packaged, no rips or tares! I am ...

• about on my 3rd cookie and going for a 4th as I prepare my late night dinner, when I notice that the entire package is infested with MAGGOTS!!!!!!!! GAG ME! I immediately starting freaking out and ran to the bathroom to try and make myself puke, with no luck, I was unsuccessful! I called Albertson’s where I purchased the cookies and they apologized and told me to come back the following morning when a manager would be present.

I

called the ER and they gave me the number to poison control.

Poison Control was pretty calm and like this isn’t a big deal, which it may not be, but DISGUSTING!!! HELLO! NASSSTTY!!!!! EWWWW!! I started feeling hot, took my temperature and now I have a fever of 100.

3! Some advice, don’t buy Chips Ahoy and don’t shop Albertsons! If you have any advice for me, please let me know.

It seems maggots are a delicacy for many third world countries… YUCK!!

quick note by anonymous :

I too was poisoned by CHIPS AHOY cookies. I woke up, gobbled a cookie, and immediately, burned my esophagus and got a nasty, strong chemical taste that lasted for hours. My esophagus was burning all day. I would like to sue.

Joanna says :

Hi,

I am really sorry that you had such a strong reaction to Chips Ahoy cookies. I don’t eat them very often (I like to make my own), but I have gotten sick off of them before. The first thing that you need to do is contact the store and file and incident report, then call the hospital.

If you suffer any documented medical problems due to the cookies, then you can take it to a Personal Injury Attorney to seek information on your legal options.

That being said, if you are looking for another good cookie brand, I would suggest the cookies at Family Dollar. They are cheaper, and taste a lot better than the Chips Ahoy cookies do.

Hope this helps,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272405707680931/k2311a0524/5.24.09