Des Moines Area Community College
Ankeny and Central Iowa
  • Des Moines Area Community College, in my opinion, is the best community college in the area
  • Almost everyone I know has attended this school and they all have great things to say about it, including myself
  • Their classes are great and not too difficult and their instructors have real world experience

• by thislimehasnojuice

Des Moines Area Community College, in my opinion, is the best community college in the area. They offer a wide array of general education courses that are easily transferred to any college in Iowa. If you attend Des Moines Area Community College for the first two years before transferring to another major four year college, you can save

about $10,000 to $20,000 depending on where you go. I attended Des Moines Area Community College for one semester while I was still in high school, and it saved me several thousand dollars and helped me to graduate quicker than if I had gone straight to the four year college.

Des Moines Area Community College also has excellent ...

• advisors and financial aid staff. They are all very prompt and curteous and helpful. If you request a transcript it usually arrives within a couple of days (versus a couple of weeks with most other large schools). They also are growing and expanding their campus and programs and added a nursing program most recently.

Des Moines Area Community

College has a top notch forensics and criminal justice program which my husband just graduated from. Almost everyone I know has attended this school and they all have great things to say about it, including myself. Their classes are great and not too difficult and their instructors have real world experience. All in all, this is an excellent starter school.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502405707600931/k2311a0524/5.24.09