CDMT models and Talent Mount Pleasent South Carolina scam  » Scam  »
0.5
  • I wanted to give this company the benefit of the doubt so I did some online investigating
  • This company is a Better Business Bureau member ,however so are other comapnies I have been scammed by
  • I would love to see this agency go under and I hope this helps get the word out about how they are attempting to scam people

• by Jeanbian

I submitted my daughters photos to CDMT models and talent out of Mount Pleasent, South Carolina . I was immedietly skeptical because they emailed me back super fast saying ‘’We love Natalie ,we would love for her to attend a call back on May 1. ” At this point I am thinking this is too good to be true and having been scammed before something did not sit right with me .

I wanted to give this company the benefit of the doubt so I did some online investigating. I could find nothing but good things on this company so I invested money to drive

up there .

I get to the call back and I was immedietly dissapointed because there were like fourty other children there . I had imagined maybe five or six other children ,so I already sort of suspected something was wrong.

I sign in ,they take my daughter back to this office talk to me about her for maybe five minutes and have us go sit back in the lobby and wait like two hours for all the other children to be seen . They start the preceedings and begin dissussing how they are prior models and know the business very well and this ...

• child and that child were signed with them and are now working for Disney etc.

Long story short they ramble on for another hour have all the children walk for them with this terrible music playing and an audience of parents clapping for each child it was very lame and unprofessional. Next they have everyone sit back down ,and proceed to show a video in the video they are showing this big model convention that all their aspiring model callbacks attended.

So they stop the movie and begin disscussing the convention and how its what you need to attend to be seen by

the big agents ,and they charge only one third of what the other agencies charge. They begin passing out these fliers asking for seventeen hundred dollars to attend the convention.

They never offered signing anyone to their agency . This agency in my opnion is a bunch of scam artists using one of the oldest modeling scams in the book .

This company is a Better Business Bureau member ,however so are other comapnies I have been scammed by . I would love to see this agency go under and I hope this helps get the word out about how they are attempting to scam people.

Shanna Summers says :

Did your daughter get a callback? The same thing happened to me. My daughter got a callback saying that she had been chosen as one of 75. They want a registration fee tomorrow.

CurlyQ says :

I need to know what happened with you guys and this agency. We are also in the same dilemma and they want a grand by tomorrow. Please let me know your feedback Thanks

Anne Marie Johnson says :

Don t do it They are also known as Discovery Spotlight They went overboard with me to fast
    I m marketable on a international level.
    I earned top spot on the roster. Blah blah blah
    But I had to invest in my career. One of two packages $ 1,900 or $ 2,100 for the Elite .
    And since I did so great they re were awarding me with a scholarship for .wait for it $ 100 bucks Seriously ? ? My deposit will be $ 595 bucks that s due in 6 days ? ?
    My last email I told them I was moving money around that I would just go ahead and pay in full so I don t have to worry about it. We ll see how many emails I get Monday wanting me to hurry and pay. I m no farmer but I know bullshit from a mile away

model1 says :

Do not go… they will take your money and show themselves really interested on your child but then you go to the talent search (paying big ) for exposure and your child will never b called for auditions. After the talent search CDMT will never call you back for catings either

Meg says :

This company CDMT Models Talent claims to have discovered Madison Iseman however, Madison was a graduate of Barbizon Modeling was represented by Ice Models at IMTA. You need to do the right thing and remove your claim that is posted on your website Discovery Spotlight

quick note by anonymous :

Did this company change its name to Discovery Spotlight by chance? Because it s almost the exact same crap they feed me At first it was They requested me to audition for them . Then after the audition with countless others (online thru zoom) they feed me the same script. To be seen by the big time directors at their expo .
    I was told I m marketable on a international level. And I would need to invest in my career just like I would any other career. With 2 package choices $ 1,900 or $ 2,100 for the elite package.
    And since I did so well I earned a top spot on their roster and they re awarding me with a scholarship .for .$ 100 bucks WTH ? But they ll make it easy for me and do payments with only a $ 595 deposit Due in 6 days They went overboard to fast to quick Lying ass scammers My last email to them I let them know I was moving some money around and I ll just go ahead and pay the full amount so I don t have that headache and worry I owe money. We ll see who can really act now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 602405707280931/k2311a0524/5.24.09