On a Beam of Light by Gene Brewer book
  • What Dr. Brewer discovers is beyond amazing
  • I thought Brewer's writing was very simplistic and a little boring at times
  • I think this novel could have been written much better than it was
  • I found it unbelievable that Robert Porter's character could recover so quickly, for example

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the book, On a Beam of Light, written by Gene Brewer. This book is the sequel to the novel, K-Pax, which was also written by Gene Brewer. K-Pax was made into a movie, starring Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges, among many other people.

In the book, On a Beam of Light, Robert

Porter has been in a catatonic state for five years, refusing to talk or acknowledge anyone. Suddenly, Prot arrives in Robert’s body, and Dr.

Brewer takes advantage of the situation by hypnotizing Prot again. Soon, Robert is coaxed out of his mind and begins talking to Dr.

Brewer. What Dr.

Brewer discovers is beyond amazing. It seems ...

• that Robert has created three separate personalities for himself, in order to protect his mind and body.

I am a huge fan of the movie, K-Pax, so I was excited to pick this novel up, hoping to get some answers cleared up. Little answers are cleared up in this book.

Is Prot just an alter ego, or

is he really an alien? I thought Brewer’s writing was very simplistic and a little boring at times. I think this novel could have been written much better than it was.

And things just seemed to move along too quickly for my liking. I found it unbelievable that Robert Porter’s character could recover so quickly, for example.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172405707270931/k2311a0524/5.24.09