Dr. Kaufmann’s Sulfur Zinc Oxide Medicated Soap
  • This summer time, I have noticed that more skin problems are getting complicated
  • Even though I do not like its smell, I keep using it for weeks and suddenly noticed that it is drying up my pimples on my back

• by Maristelle

This summer time, I have noticed that more skin problems are getting complicated.

I was at home and complaining to my sister about my back pimples specifically on my shoulders and lower back. She then suggested using Dr. Kaufmann’s soap and she even accompanied me in buying it. It is actually a Keratolytic/Antiacne Scabicide and Pedicullicide type of soap. With this kind of

name, I have the impression that it is effective because the keratolytic pimple gel I tried before worked fine.

On my first used of that product, the first thing that I have noticed is the pungent smell. It is really strong and a little bit annoying to my nose. Even so, I tried it on my skin and gently rub it on my back ...

• pimples or backne. I am really worried how I would smell after that shower. The whole bathroom seems to be suffocating because of that smell. It has no sweet scent at all.

I rinsed myself for so long to ensure that the smell of the soap has been rinsed off as well. Even though I do not like its smell, I keep using it

for weeks and suddenly noticed that it is drying up my pimples on my back. It is keeping my skin healthy and now preventing acne, rough and oily skin and pimples. Since I hate the smell up to this time, I just use this soap on my back area. For my neck, legs and other parts of the body, I am using another beauty soap.

JM says :

Can it remove chicken pox scar?

Galega says :

NO, it can’t remove chicken pox scar. You need to use a good anti stretch cream for this.

Roland Salvador says :

But is it safe to use dr kaufmans sulfur soap if i have chickenpox?

Galega says :

You can use Kaufman’s Soap once your chickenpox is over which should last for around one week.

CJ says :

How about tinea versicolor?

Galega says :

Yes, tinea Versicolor can be treated with sulfur soap. Actually, 10 % sulfur soap is usually prescribed (along with some anti fungal ointment) in the treatment of Tinea versicolor.

That said, I would like to advise you to let a dermatologist prescribe you suitable medicines. Tinea Versicolor can be treated in a very short span of time, if suitable medicines are used. I don’t think it proper to use over the counter medicine/soap for this purpose.

john Alexis goles says :

it really helps to cure acne dark spots?

Galega says :

Yes, it is very much helpful in the treatment of acne.

On a side note, you might have heard of some waterfall treating acne and other skin problems. Do you know why? It is because of the sulfur content in the water there. In my home district, there is similar waterfall.

The crux of the matter is the curable nature of sulfur when it comes to the treatment of acne and many other skin problems.

You can use this soap for acne.

However, it is unlikely to treat dark spots.

hana says :

Can this soap cure ringworm or jock itch ?

Galega says :

Yes, this sulfur soap can be helpful in the treatment of ringworm or jock itch.

Mickey says :

It is ok to use as hair soap? Im experiencing acne on my head

Galega says :

Yes, you can also apply it on hair. It should give you some relief. In fact, there are also sulfur shampoo in the market, which is, obviously, intended to be applied on hair and scalp.

Panda says :

Can I use it for my face? :)

Galega says :

You can use it on entire body, including face. There should not be any problem.

charito says :

i had this what they call herpex simplex/coldsore last april on the left side of my breast and left side of my upper back. and now blackheads are appearing on the affected part. can i use this soap to make those itchy blackheads disappear?

Galega says :

Yes, you can use this soap for the treatment of itchy blackheads. You should see some positive results after around two weeks of continuous use.

kenneth valden says :

can sulfur zinc oxide soap can treat a Tinea inguinalis or jock itch in groin area?

Galega says :

There are many clinical trials which have conclusively proved that tinea Versicolor can be treated with sulfur soap. Actually, 10 % sulfur soap is usually prescribed (along with some anti fungal ointment) in the treatment of Tinea versicolor.

Having said that, I would like to advise you to let a dermatologist prescribe you suitable medicines. Tinea Versicolor can be treated in a very short span of time, if suitable medicines are used. I don t think it proper to use over the counter medicine/soap for this purpose.

TG says :

can this soap be used in treating prickly heat skin problems on my back? when scrubbing my back. how many minutes should it be applied?

Galega says :

Dr. Kaufmann’s Sulfur Soap may not be sufficient to solve this problem of prickly heat. It can give relief from scratching. However, for complete relief you need to use some other suitable product.

Gp says :

does this soap cure ringworms?

John says :

No, it’s not intended to treat ringworms.

Galega says :

Soaps with 10% sulfur, like Dr. Kaufmann’s Soap, are also very useful in treating ringworm infections and can be used for treating Tinea Flava and Versicolor, Jock Itch and Athlete s Foot etc.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342405707010831/k2311a0524/5.24.09