The Day the Earth Stood Still movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I think the filmmakers were only interested in making some bucks out of it by taking support of the name and fame of the original
  • To all those who like to watch science-fiction movies, please avoid it and save your money and time

• by xenon

I don’t know what on the earth prompt me to go for this movie; I had already read so many reviews about the film with filled mixed reactions. Those who had watched highly acclaimed classic with the same name made in 1951 simply loathed this one. I myself had hard time while watching this flick, I immediately felt sorry for the lovers of 1951 classic for they had to witness such non-sense science-fiction drama.

I think the filmmakers were only interested in making some bucks out of it by taking support of the name and fame of the original. Frankly speaking, surely this is

no way a good movie; even if I try to favor this one I can put it somewhere between bad and average.

There are quite a few problems with the movie that you can not overlook just for the sake of entertainment. First, the script, which shows that no efforts were put into writing it, it tries to include all the ingredients of the 1951 movie which is considered as a classic by many.

I have to say that these days a large number of Hollywood movies from science-fiction genre are only blended with special effects, suffering from the lack of fresh ideas and ...

• enough content to make intelligent movies. I have liked Keanu Reeves movies in the past, I don’t say that this guy is a great talent as an actor; his acting skills are limited to the characters which suits him.

In the movie Klaatu, an alien who is emotionally drained and incapable of feeling and understanding human sentiments, is played by Reeves. Although Reeves’s performance makes no difference to this movie, even if he is replaced by some more talented actor, still doesn’t make this film watchable.

I myself like to watch science fiction movie which is full of special effects and action

given that, it is made by intelligent people. Despite having some cool special effects and beautiful Jennifer Connelly this movie fails to entertain because of its poor screenplay, lack of originality and intelligence, finally ended up being just another mediocre science-fiction movie.

To all those who like to watch science-fiction movies, please avoid it and save your money and time. There are plenty of wonderful movies out there based on the same theme of alien attacks, UFO’s an all, just go for them.

Seven Monkeys, Aliens, Star Wars are some of my all time favorite movies; still I am not fed up with them even after multiple viewing.

The Day the Earth Stood Still movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112205706381031/k2311a0522/5.22.09