Sun Suites hotel Houston, TX  » Hotels  »
3100 W. Sam Houston Parkway South Houston, TX 77042
  • There was no coffee maker, which I thought was strange because it's one item that every hotel has

• by Anny Sivilay

I live in Austin and make frequent trips to Houston. Like most people I’m on a budget and I’m always looking for a deal, especially considering the state of the economy right now. I found Sun Suites hotel off of Expedia.com. I booked the room for one night at about $50 a night. The location is off of beltway 8 and the entrance can easily be

missed if you’re not looking out for the hotel signs. It’s in an area where there are other hotels nearby so that can add to the confusion. I arrived about 30 minutes early and was told I could not check-in until after 2 p.m. The check-in time wasn’t ideal and I didn’t like the clerks cold demeanor.

The hotel itself, however, was quite pleasant. It looked ...

• very much like a large plantation house. My room was hot when I got in because the air conditioner was off. I guess it’s to save on electricity. The overall room was fairly nice. It was clean, there was a table, a small kitchen, and stove.

The downside to this place is that the bathroom is on the small side. There was no coffee maker, which

I thought was strange because it’s one item that every hotel has. The comforter was very comfortable. In fact it was very thin, not the thick fluffy ones I’m use to.

If you’re looking for a nice, clean place to sleep that is affordable, especially good for extended stays, Sun Suits off of Westchase is a good choice. Just don’t expect too much for the price you’re paying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22205706271031/k2311a0522/5.22.09