Metformin to Lose Weight

• by neoplanet9

A few months back, my husband and I went to see a gynecologist. We have been married for 4 years now and until now, I’m still unable to get pregnant. After doing some fertility tests, the gynecologist explains that I suffer from a symptom of PCOs. That’s why it’s harder for me to conceive compare to other women. One of the main symptoms of PCO is weight disorder. According to the gynecologist, the ultimate cure to beat this syndrome is to lose some weight. And I was very much overweight at that time.

Then he prescribed several medicines for me. One of them is called metformin. He also said that the drug is usually prescribed for patients suffering from diabetics. He explains that the drug can lower the insulin level in the blood and help to normalize the blood sugar level in the body. Hence, weight loss will be a lot faster. Also, according to him, many of his PCO patients have successfully reduce their weight with the assistance of metformin.

So, I started to take the pill each night before going to bed. For the ...

• first few weeks, I wasn’t feeling any changes in my body. I thought maybe the drug wasn’t working. Then on the third week, I felt that my jeans were a little bit loose. On impulse, I jumped on the weight scale. And what do you know, I had lost about 1.5 kg!

The feeling was amazing. Although it was only a small reduction, but I was feeling quite proud of myself. Now, I’m not saying that metformin is a DIET pill. Actually, it’s just something to assist in the process of losing weight

and weight management. All the while I was taking the medicine, my doctor also instructs me to do some exercise. So, apart from taking metformin, I also did aerobic exercise for about 30-50 minutes for 4-5 days a week. I also watch what I’m eating. So, I think that’s why I was successful in losing some weight. At this moment, I’m still taking the pill because I still have a lot of extra weight to shed off. And hopefully in the future, I will eventually get pregnant. I hope this information is useful!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262205706050931/k2311a0522/5.22.09