Jimmy Dean Breakfast Entrees - Ham and Cheese Croissant
  • I can't tell you how much I love the diced apples

• by Orrymain

Previously, I’ve reviewed other varieties of the new Jimmy Dean Breakfast Entrees, and today I’m adding a new one to the list — the Ham and Cheese Croissant. When Jimmy Dean gets a product right, it’s usually dead on right and so yummy. When they get it wrong, it’s more hit and miss. That’s what this product is for me, and it’s all because of the consistency of the croissant.

The entree includes diced apples and seasoned hash browns.

I can’t tell you how much I love the diced apples. They just warm my mouth and make my whole body sigh with contentment. I adore them! The hash browns are good and pleasurable to eat. I just still wish it was a larger proportion given. I always want another few bites more than what is provided.

The ham and cheese croissant is supposed to be the star of this entree. When cooking, you actually ...

• let the diced apples and has browns cook for a bit by themselves. Then you wrap the croissant in a paper towel and add it to the entree and let it cook for a bit longer. When I bit into the croissant, the ham was just way tough. It was surprisingly difficult to actually take a bite. It tasted okay. The cooking consistency was fine, in that the croissant was just right and the cheese looked
        like it should and tasted just right. The ham was hot and didn’t appear overcooked or anything. It was just tough. This happened a second time when I purchased the product. So, it’s good, but I wish the ham was juicer and more tender, so it was easier to eat.

The diced apples and has browns rate a very nice 9, but the croissant is just a moderate 6, so I’ll average that out and give that as the rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272205706010931/k2311a0522/5.22.09