My Big Fat Greek Wedding  » Movies  »
  • I love the crazy Greek chracters in Toula's family, and Ian, the love interest, is sweet and charming and completely likable

• by TJ Lord

“My Big Fat Greek Wedding” is irresistibly funny, warm, cute, entertaining, and romantic. In Toula’s family, women have three purposes in life: to marry Greek boys, produce Greek babies, and cook up a Greek feast to feed everyone. Toula’s family is loud, boisterous, obnoxious, eccentric, and insanely Greek. She’s embarrassed and lost in the

crazy crowd; she just wants to find herself. But she’s thirty, unmarried, and unhappily frumpy.

Then she catches a glimpse of handsome Ian, and something in her snaps. She gets a makeover, takes classes, gets a new job - and runs into Ian again. They find love, but Toula is breaking the rules: Ian isn’t ...

• Greek! How is he going to fit into her big, fat, Greek family?

I love this movie. Toula is a sympathetic character, and I find her transformation liberating. I love the crazy Greek chracters in Toula’s family, and Ian, the love interest, is sweet and charming and completely likable. This movie never fails to charm.

I feel that its message is that your family doesn’t have to define who you are; you should be true to yourself and be an individual. But at the same time, it’s important to know where you came from and respect your roots. This is a movie I can watch over and over and still enjoy.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112205705620831/k2311a0522/5.22.09