Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
2.5
  • I think he's so cute when he was playing the role of Cedric in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • To tell the truth, I was utterly disappointed
  • I mean, yeah I know they are supposed to look pale, really pale
  • Personally, i thought he's acting was over-the-top

• by Krystal Gutierrez

Twilight is a love story. About a vampire and a normal girl. It’s a “Teen Fiction” book translated into the Big Screen. Now, I personally loved the book. I loved Edward. I loved the setting. I loved the concept.

And so when I heard, it was going to be produced as a movie, you can only imagine my excitement. I was counting up the days till’ the premiere and going gaga about the sneak peeks in TV shows and MTV’s site. But I might say I was a little skeptic about the cast. The only fitting actress for the role as I saw it, was Kristen Stewart as Bella. I’ve always pictured Bella as a pale,thin girl with dark hair which you wouldn’t you know fits Kristen’s description like a glove. You might ask? What’s wrong with Robert as Edward? Now, don’t get me wrong.

I like Robert. I think he’s so cute when he was playing the role of Cedric in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So, moving on. As I’ve totally crazed about the book, you might have expected that of course, I was having high, no very high expectations about the movie. Then comes the day of the showing, I was so eager to watch I even forgot to buy snacks before entering the theater. I thought, I’d rather be hungry than missed a second of the show.

The movie begins and I watched closely. But halfway throughout the movie I was already bored. The movie did not deliver what I was hoping. To tell the truth, I was utterly disappointed. Really. I mean first, the Cullens looked weird.

I mean, yeah I know they are supposed to look pale, really pale. But i never ...

• thought they looked freaking-ghost-pale. There was a scene were one of them was holding a piece of white plain paper and they’re hands literally just blend in. Seriously, they look like a bunch of freaks who were paper-white instead of too-beautiful outsiders who just don’t fit in because of obviously, they’re beauty. I blame the make up artist. But as the movie progress they’re appearance have gotten better.

They all look still pale as ghost but in a really pretty way. Then there’s the way of shooting. The scenes were jampacked. And the transitions of the scenes suck. The camera so many times is focused so closed you can’t even see the background. Yeah, i know movies have close ups.

But i don’t think it needs that many. I blame the director. Now the actors. I’m not gonna say anything bad about Kirsten Bell because

she was one of the good things on that movie. She was great. She really delivered well.

She gave justice to Bella. Not like what Robert did. Personally, i thought he’s acting was over-the-top. And the other, the Cullen Clan, I thought Jasper was way too weird. And Rosalie, wasn’t beautiful enough, isn’t Rosalie suppose to be the most beautiful creature on earth? Then why the hell do they pick someone whose just pretty and not someone breath taking? I blame the casting director. Esme, Alice and Carlisle fit the bill though.

I guess I expected too much, right? But I don’t think so. I think the movie really was just very disappointing. It look’s like a low budget Hollywood film. I’m giving it a five cause I think anything lower would be unfair since they did try and may be they were just short on time.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172205705290831/k2311a0522/5.22.09