Canon PowerShot A580 Camera
  • My first impression was that it's bulky, and that's really one of its disadvantages

• by Banane

My dad got me this camera mainly because it was on sale for only 9000 pesos (~US $180). It was much cheaper compared to the new camera models then. My first impression was that it’s bulky, and that’s really one of its disadvantages. It functions with double A batteries. My dad got me rechargeable ones so I wouldn’t have to keep replacing them.

This is an 8.0 megapixel camera, and

a lot of my friends have told me how good Canon cameras usually are, so I was excited to try it. I’ve been using it for a few months now, and it has captured a lot of memories and good pictures for me. However, when viewing my pictures, my mom often commented that the clarity wasn’t as good as she expected from an 8 megapixel cam.

It usually does fine ...

• for still images, but it’s so hard to get a clear shot using this when the subject is moving, and when it’s night-time. Pictures usually come out really blurred in those settings. I’ve tinkered around with its Manual setting and have gotten some really good shots though, but it takes a lot of experimenting.. and a very steady hand to get it right.

I actually appreciate that it functions with

double A batteries rather than a permanent rechargeable one, because I can easily just buy new batteries from the store whenever I run out of power. Thus I usually just leave my double-A-battery charger at home when traveling and bring a couple of extra double-A’s with me instead.

If you just want a camera for documentation, and don’t really care for fancy shots, then this would be a great choice for you.

tfkbest says :

how can i retrieved deleted photos and videos from canon powerShot A580 camera?

John says :

You’re not able to retrieve them if they were deleted internally and from the SD card.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432205705190831/k2311a0522/5.22.09