Centrios Hi-Fi Internet Radio/CD Micro System  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • I like the fact that this system can also be used as an alarm clock
  • According to me, the best of this function is that we can set up two alarms in a same day
  • Ok, it's not useful for us, but I believe it's a great gadget
  • Unfortunately, we have to press lots of buttons only to put the alarm on or off
  • I think there should be a special button to do it rapidly

• by Miss Crayola

My son got a Centrios Hi-Fi Internet Radio/CD Micro System for its fifth birthday and I wish it was easier to use. There’s a lot of buttons and not a lot of explanations in the user’s guide. It’s complicated for him to listen at the radio because you have to press a lot of buttons and go through lots of menus just to listen to a CD or to FM radio. Moreover, it

is not easy to set up all the connections if you’re not into technologies and once again, I find that there are not much guidelines included in the box.

I like the fact that this system can also be used as an alarm clock. According to me, the best of this function is that we can set up two alarms in a same day. Ok, it’s not useful for us, but I believe it’s a ...

• great gadget! Unfortunately, we have to press lots of buttons only to put the alarm on or off. I don’t like this. I think there should be a special button to do it rapidly.

Another thing I dislike is the fan noise. It is so loud that you have to put the sound of music really loud. And don’t even try to listen at soft music since, according to me, you always

hear the fan noise as a background unpleasant sound.

At least, its appearance is good. I really like its black color and blue lights. I also like its medium size.

Overall, I would not buy another system like this. I would prefer paying more for a system that has fewer functions, but has a quiet fan because I feel like a radio, whatever its kind, should always allow us to listen at soft music.

roger says :

my hi-fi radio 1315117,,stop playing showcast station is just playing world stations,,,if i try to acces to showcast it display in the screan error data no 1 ???what`s wrong with it?????

Galega says :

This error code means that there is problem with the frequency. Your Internet Radio is not getting in sync with the frequency of Showcast Stations, and hence it is not able to play them.

Al says :

would like to purchase new or used Centrios Internet Radio Micro Hi-Fi system

yesaya says :

unfortunately these are no longer being manufactured and are rare to come by even second hand on ebay, i would suggest you get an alternative which has pretty much the same specs such as the Philips MCM298/37 Micro Hi-Fi System

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162105704840831/k2311a0521/5.21.09