Spring Valley B-Complex Sublingual Liquid With Vitamin B-12  » Health  »
  • There is no flavor added, but I have to agree that it kind of tastes like thick stale juice
  • I love that there is no lactose, milk or milk derivatives as my family is lactose intolerant
  • My son and I don't experience the flushing associated with taking some niacin preparations, and that's refreshing too

• by Michigan_Mother

The B-Vitamins are often known as stress vitamins. I have a lot of stress, and take Spring Valley B-Complex Sublingual Liquid on a daily basis. Each bottle contains 59 doses, with a dose being just one dropperful (one mL).

The dropperful isn’t too bad of a volume size, and is great for dispensing to kids or adults who don’t like taking vitamin pills. My ten year old also takes B-Complex Sublingual Liquid each night before bed. He tells me it tastes like thick water and old grapes or raspberries. There is no

flavor added, but I have to agree that it kind of tastes like thick stale juice. However, the taste goes away in a couple minutes if you follow it with a big gulp of water.

The label recommends it for adults only, and after talking to your health care provider. I get more benefit from the daily Spring Valley B-Complex than I did have intramuscular injections of B-12. The sublingual liquid is readily absorbed with just 30 seconds under the tongue and much more tolerable than injection site pain.

The B-Complex sublingual liquid preparation consists of 1.7 mg riboflavin, 20 mg niacin, 2 mg vitamin B-6, 1.2 mg B-12 and 30 mg pantothenic acid. The only other ingredients are natural flavor, citric acid, glycerin, sorbitol, purified water and potassium sorbate as a preservative.

I love that there is no lactose, milk or milk derivatives as my family is lactose intolerant. My son and I don’t experience the flushing associated with taking some niacin preparations, and that’s refreshing too. Spring Valley B-Complex Sublingual Liquid also contains no yeast, gluten, wheat, soy or artificial color.

The color ...

• Spring Valley B-Complex Sublingual Liquid With Vitamin B-12
      is the one thing you have to be wary of. The liquid is a bright reddish orange and will stain. This is a natural coloration from the B Vitamins. However, I’ve found you have to be very careful or the dropper drips. If it gets on pale skin, you are stained for a day or two no matter how well you bathe or scrub. Spring Valley’s B-Complex will also stain light colored fabrics, and I even got some on my jeans once and they got a reddish hue. If
      you catch it right away, detergent will get it out in most instances, but you have to spot treat immediately or rinse with cool water.

Spring Valley B-Complex Sublingual Liquid with Vitamin B-12 is not recommended for pregnant women, or those who are nursing. It is also contradicted with some medications, so a quick run by the family physician is always a great idea. Both my son and I take the B-Complex with our doctors’ approval and we both take a host of prescription medications. We’ve not had any adverse interactions with this product.

Charles says :

Where to buy in Philippines?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Charles,

This product is available in all major grocery stores and pharmacies here in the US. I would suggest looking in the vitamin aisle in your local grocery store. IF you cannot find it, here is a link to Amazon where you can purchase it online:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342105704830831/k2311a0521/5.21.09