Curves  » Health  »
Santa Teresa Blvd., San Jose, CA
  • And, about 10 years ago, I learned that I had fibromyalgia, an inflammatory auto-immune disease
  • I love the activities and the friendships I've made

• by Helen Blain

I start my day at 7:30 am with my ½ hour exercise session at Curves. I have to work hard to get my heart rate to the 70-80% range. But, it hasn’t always been this way. I was never coordinated as a child and hated p.e. classes in school. After having two children, I failed to lose the weight I gained with my pregnancies. And,

about 10 years ago, I learned that I had fibromyalgia, an inflammatory auto-immune disease.

When I started exercising at Curves several years ago, I was hardly able to move because of fibromyalgia. Each exercise session sent me to bed that day and the next but I was determined to work though the stiffness and pain. Perseverance has paid off! I am less stiff, more flexible,

• stronger, and walking is so much easier! I’ve lost forty-five pounds, my blood pressure is normal and although the doctor considers me to be “pre-diabetic”, my blood sugar levels are well within normal. My balance and coordination are better and I look better in my clothes.

I’ve read that exercise should be fun and it is at Curves! I love the activities and the friendships I’ve made. Having

an exercise buddy who counts on my being there motivates me and holds me accountable.

If there’s anything I can say to young mothers, it would be to put your health and fitness first, eat healthfully, and exercise regularly. Had I followed this advice, I would be in a different place than I am today. But, with Curves, I’m on my way to a healthier and fitter “me”!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342105704450731/k2311a0521/5.21.09